Qualifications and experience
- Registered Member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy - click on (MBACP)
- Licensed Member of the Ghana Psychological Council
- Diploma, Integrative Counselling - The Minster Centre, London (Middlesex University)
- Certificate, Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling - Regents University, London
- BSc (Hons), Biology (specialism environmental Biology) - University of York
As well as seeing clients in private practice, I have worked at an alcohol addiction and recovery centre, in a low cost therapy service and have been an associate counsellor at SOAS (University of London). Experience with children includes training and volunteering with Place2Be, counselling secondary school students, and working at Multikids Inclusive Academy in Accra. I have also held a position as an honorary counsellor/psychotherapist at Lewisham Hospital (South London and Maudsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust). I am currently completing an MA in Integrative Psychotherapy. I also work as an actor, have worked as a presenter and have served on arts and educational governing bodies.
I have received specialist training in working with alcohol and addiction from HAGA/Haringey Recovery Service. Additional training includes eating disorders, self-harm and suicide and FGM (female genital mutilation). I have also trained as a mediator in neighbour disputes with Camden Mediation Service. I have spent many years working with mindfulness through yoga and I have experience of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). I continue to develop my interest in body psychotherapy through additional CPD and I am supervised by a relational body psychotherapist.